Monday, February 18, 2008

learning new things

well, week before last was my mom's birthday, so this year my sisters and i went in together to buy her a beginning lampworking class. something she'd never buy for herself. and to treat myself to an early birthday present for the big 3-0 i went too. :) what a class! and what a class :( i want a torch! and a kiln! and my own space! oh well. for now i'll have to settle for making wire wrapped rings, earrings, and doing a little metalsmithing (beginning) here and there. i also have to find somewhere to put my work up for consignment. so, i guess that's my task for the week. along with cleaning the house, going to the grocery store, taking care of cameron... oh, who am i kidding? i guess it's my task until i get it done. i still have to figure out how to juggle cooking, cleaning, working out, a husband, a kiddo, oh, and making jewelry! i'm trying.

here's my favorite picture right now. taken last week during peaches for dinner.



what a cutie, right?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

what a handsome fella.

i love your jewelry.

i would love to learn lampworking too.

my favorite earrings are the tomatillo green.

linking your blog to mine.

Leslie Rogers said...

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. Your jewellery is beautiful! I'm going to whisk right over to etsy and be the 51st person who hearts your shop. ;)

foto fiction said...

Excellent photo, what an expression! It's hard to juggle everything sometimes isn't it? I can't even imagine having a child, I think I'd go nutty. lol

MarDi said...

What a beautiful baby!

You had asked about the micro torch I bought the other day... I searched online and found several, but they were much higher in price than the one I found at Home Depot. All the same features as the others, but $10 - $15 dollars less: http://tiny.cc/6xohX

I haven't used it yet, but I'm hoping that it's as easy to do as it seems!

Thank you for linking my blog and writing my first comment! :D

Grace M said...

Love your blog and your designs! Thank you for the comment on my blog. Four kids is alot of work, but I wanted to be done early, KWIM? Your son is adorable, good luck in your shop. I miss Texas, hopefully we will move back there soon, it is too cold up here.

christina said...

I want to pinch those cheeks!
That class sounds great. And I agree, beautiful stuff at your shop :)