Tuesday, February 12, 2008

first custom order

So, last night I got my first "etsy" custom order from someone who doesn't know me. :) While I was trying to figure out just how to package these little beauties (i usually package them where you can't see the earrings, you have to open the package) I had an actual *lightbulb* moment. I mean big BRIGHT shining lightbulb. I knew my customer ordered these earrings for her wedding party therefore she wanted to be able to see them and touch them before she gave them to her bridesmaids.

This is my lightbulb (keep in mind i already had a stash of these beauties from choosing paint for a new house - and the desire to try and be a little "greener"):








3 comments:

foto fiction said...

That is such a clever idea. I never think of anything brilliant like that. And it's good for the environment, which I really like. I'm painting my entire house right now, I'll send you the chips when I am done if you like? =)

Kim said...

Wow, you have a really good design eye. I went to your Etsy shop and wanted to buy a pair of earrings but realized the dimensions weren't listed. Can you add how long they are? I really like them.
Thanks!

Melody said...

I love that packaging! Great idea!
About your comment on my blog, I thought about making those for Etsy, but someone is already doing that, and I don't want to copy. Otherwise, I would love to!