Tuesday, September 23, 2008

i really haven't fallen off the earth.......

contrary to popular belief.

life happened, a new online store happened, but most of all, hurrican Ike happened.

on september 12th hurricane ike rolled through knocking out power to 4.1 million houstonians (galvestonians, texas citians, etc). most people have power, but we are still part of the 616,000 center point customers without. we have our fingers crossed to have power restored thursday. and hopefully with power our water will return as well.

thankfully, my mom has power, running water and sewer. we have been here since last wednesday. before that on sunday we evacuated to austin for a few nights of blissful a/c and internet. (yes, internet is an absolute priority for us...sad isn't it?)

i have family and friends still without power, so we are very aware of just how lucky we really are.

so, on a different note, i am starting a new online consignment store. i am looking for consignees of all kinds. my shop, ginger & lime will carry handmade, unique, one-of-a-kind, trendy accessories for you, for him, for your babies and children, for your pets, and for your home.

if you think you fit the bill, please email me or contact me through my etsy shop for more info. in the meantime, the only items listed in the new shop are mine, so the selection is VERY poor :)

6 comments:

MarDi said...

It sounds like a very trying time, but I'm happy to know that you and your family are safe. I hope your home hasn't suffered from the storm.

The new shop is AWESOME! Absolutely love the colors of your layout; bright, uncluttered and a very comfortable place to shop! Very best of luck with your new enterprise!

brandianndesigns said...

thanks so much!

it took a long time to figure out exactly what direction i wanted to go (color-wise) i'm sure you can imagine!

MarDi said...

I very well imagine! I think it's the most important element in a website, the color scheme. Which, of course, makes the choice that much more stressful...

The colors you chose are perfection!

rhi said...

You always have something up your sleeve, don't ya?

brandianndesigns said...

got to have something to keep me busy! (as if 1 kid, 1 on the way and an already going business isn't enough!)

Unknown said...

Wow. I thought I was a multi-tasker!
The new store is refreshing and lovely.
I am glad everyone is okay through that trying time.