Thursday, October 2, 2008

whew...

Ike is over. our yard is clean, everything is working, and it's back to normal - for us at least. for the thousands of people that Ike devastated, well, they're still cleaning. want to see what happened here? go look here. the pictures take a while to load (right now there are 5 pages of them) but they are shocking. and they're not email hoax fakes - i recognize alot of the businesses in many of them.

on a different note, you may have not noticed, but my shop is taking a new turn. i'm getting away from the more 'costumey' for lack of a better word, jewelry and getting more into sterling. i made my first rings on this past tuesday (no pics yet though). today i listed a new bracelet.



different than my normal stuff, but i fell in love with the stones so i had to do something with them. i also have a stack of jewelry that i've made for my shop but somehow they managed to creep their way into 'my jewelry pile' so i'm going to go through that and start listing stuff from there too. i decided just to keep the stuff i LOVE because i dont have enough ears and necks and wrists for all of it!

i sent a necklace and bracelet set (yes, set - something i never do but they requested) in to be published in the January 2009 edition of Bead Trends. it should hit newsstands in the beginning of december, so look for me! :)

that's about it for now. i'm going to try and be a better blogger...what a slacker i've been! oh, we found out what we're having yesterday - another BOY!!! :) still due in the beginning of february sometime!

3 comments:

MarDi said...

Another little boy, congratulations!! Someone must be very happy to have a little brother coming!

Can't wait to see more of the new line that you're working on. I absolutely love the new bracelet!

The devastation in the Ike photos is very upsetting. I'm so glad that you weren't affected any worse than you were. How very sad for those that lost everything. :(

Unknown said...

Brandi,
Congrats another boy! Boys are so funny.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new sterling earrings with the little copper elements.

The bracelet is beautiful. Great job!

Recently, you commented on my blog that you wanted to learn how to solder. Once you figure it out, it is really fun. I will send you some links on you tube that might help. I have not found a book about soldering. I just read everything online and watched videos online. There is also a dvd out there that you might want to check out. I will send you that information as well.

I am glad that IKE is over and everyone can start the long and arduous task of cleaning up! I am glad that you and your family are ok.

Kim said...

Wow - this all so exciting! I'm going to go broke!