Friday, August 8, 2008

Through the Viewfinder - 1st attempt

So, yesterday I stumbled upon some photos that I really liked the feel of. They were vintagey (is that a word?). I thought they were done with some post processing in photoshop, (something i do ALL THE TIME) but they WEREN'T! They were done with something called Through the Viewfinder (TtV). So, I found this blog: Russ Morris and did some reading. Today Cameron and I headed for the nearest antique store where I found a nice Kodak Brownie. I wasn't sure how great the mirror on it was because it was pretty dirty, but when i got it home and cleaned it, it looked NEW! that's good and not so good. here are some examples of a picture i took today in the backyard while cam was taking a nap (and i wasn't)

before photoshop (straight out of the camera - except the cropping):


after photoshop:


basically you take your digital camera and using a macro lens take a picture "through the viewfinder" of a vintage camera (like i said i'm using a kodak brownie, but i'm looking for a duraflex). they're cheap older cameras and your photos have the neatest feel to them. i can't wait to take some pictures of the kiddo!

oh, there's also a ton of these types of photos on flickr. i'm just getting into it, but there are people who have been doing it for a while! if you're interested i'll post more about it later!

enjoy!

2 comments:

Pickle Pot Studio said...

these pictures are so cool.

i like them both so much.

MarDi said...

I'm very late in adding my best wishes and congratulations for the soon-to-be new arrival! Congrats Brandi!