Thursday, June 12, 2008

now in sterling...

i made a version of the bracelet you're jealous of (come on, admit it) this time in sterling. 16 gauge. big beads. gorgeous beads. stoneymariedesign beads :) of course!



but i also learned something interesting. i thought i'd share. on encased lampwork beads the clear on the outside 'magnifies' the colors inside. that's why they really look layered. i was swimming the other day and realized that when my bracelet (yup, mine - won't be selling this one either...i hear you asking...how can she afford NOT to sell it? answer is simple - i have to have a sample to make sure everything works right, don't i? ;) ) anyways, back to what i learned. i found out that when the beads are underwater they don't look so layered. it's really cool. so i took some pictures to show you the difference. aren't i awesome. lol. not really.

above water:


under water:


can you see the difference? isn't that cool? just thought i'd share.

on a different note, voting is still in progress for the holiday cards (see my last post if you missed it) and i have my fingers crossed! i can't wait to find out!

5 comments:

Mark said...

Your jewelry is amazing! How very creative! I enjoyed visiting your blog very much. I surf blogs to see what the rest of the world is up to and I found yours very fascinating. Thanks for sharing. Oh, I voted for you. Mark

Unknown said...

i love your links and design on this piece. i love stoneymaries beads, as well.

glad to see you back.

take care.

Waterrose said...

Oh that is very pretty. And, thanks for the explanation on why beads look layered.

Kim said...

Because I really should be productive today, naturally I found myself on your blog - I clicked on one of your recommendations: bloom-grow-love. Wow, amazing! Thanks!

-Kim

P.S. No cloth diapers - Yet.

Unknown said...

It's Beautiful!