Tuesday, March 4, 2008

branching out

so, i'm attempting to branch out from just earrings to necklaces, and maybe a bracelet here and there. while i'm at it i wanted to also 'punch' up my photos. i mean, i'm a photographer. what am i missing in my jewelry pictures? i think a little pizzaz maybe? i'm not sure. heck, maybe i'm not missing anything, i just think i am.

i'm dying to be featured in someone's treasury, but...alas, nothing.

so, here's my latest attempt at "pizzaz" and a necklace. all in one! :)

and check back often, because i have a few ideas rolling around in my head about where to take this blog. a) do i want to feature other sellers (my favorites) or b) do i want to feature sellers with great photographs and use them as inspiration to upgrade my photos and write tips for other sellers?

i think maybe option b...

still pondering this. any ideas?

3 comments:

MarDi said...

First, I must say the necklace is stunning! I love the play of the soft colored stones against the lightly oxidised silver, gives it such a beautiful organic look. Gorgeous!

When I first visited your Etsy shop I was very impressed with your photos. That my photos could be half as good! I can't seem to find the right background, and my photos as a whole are terribly inconsistent. I think that plan B for your blog would be great. It's actually plans A & B together, featuring other sellers but with a focus on their photos...and it would be very helpful to many.

Kim said...

I LOVE the necklace photo - especially on the grey/black blog background, it makes me want it, want it, want it!

Weird coincidence--I was just reading today about how to do a treasury listing, and was thinking of using one of your earring photos as a starting point because the colors are so intense and rich. I'll let you know if I ever get a Treasury spot.

brandianndesigns said...

marilynn - fantastic! so a new 'path' for my blog has been found!

i will get to it.

thanks Kim!